Wednesday 12 September 2012

Rio Blake -- LabourStory



Name: Rio-Blake Partick Higgins Due: 07th November 2011 Born: 16th november 2011 Weight: 8lbs 14oz Pregnancy: 41weeks+2days Labour: 2 hours 30 minutes  Day's Late: 9 days late Delivery: Natural Birth Pain Relief: Gas & Air only


I was at my mums on Tuesday went home with back pain after a few hours at 10pm it was in my tummy and back so i said to Gary ill go to bed and if i wake up with the pain its time so off i went to bed at 5.00am or around that i woke up with really bad back pain and tummy cramps and my belly was getting so tight so i sat it out and it did get a lot worse so i woke Gary and while i did i took a really bad contraction in my back and lower tummy my whole belly went hard I could not get off the sofa so i told Gary its time get Jordan ready So he did and we went to my mums left him off and we headed to the hospital. When I got to the hospital i was sure they would send me home again because my contractions only started that night full on but I got seen and they said your 5cm lets get you to the wards they was taking me to the water-birth ward but on the way there I asked could i have the Epidural so they had to take me to labour ward ooops 


When i got to the labour ward i was told i came in at a really bad time because 
the people who do the Epidural were clocking off and others were clocking in ( dunno how to say it any other way lol) so it would take a while. I did not have a while I went on just with the gas and air they told me how to use it and it worked well

i was not even in the ward that long maybe an hour and they came in to set up 
the Epidural but first the doctor had to tell me stuff about it and put the drip in my arm 

2 mins after my midwife came back in and said we have to break your waters 
and put a clip on the baby's head so monitor baby's heartbeat for you to get the Epidural so on they went and broke my waters and i was 8cm dilated and they said you don't need the Epidural do you feel like pushing the doctor mite not give you it because your so far on anyways the clip fell off the baby's head so she had to put it back on she looked at me and said your 10cm dilated its to late for the Epidural your pushing this baby out with the gas and air hun my face I just cried my eyes out
and said to them o no im scared to give birth with just gas and air ino my baby's big
so she said -  do you have to push and i did not feel like i had too I  told her  so she asked me to push so i did and she said this baby's ready to come just u push when u get the pains so I did i swear i felt NO PAIN me pushing made the pains go away so i just pushed harder and 10 mins he was out no help nothing 

i was in shoke how big he was not even half an hour after giving birth i was up having a shower and walking about and they let me out that night but for that to happen they kept me in the labour ward all day 

im now glad i did it with just gas and air lot easier labour then i had with Jordan i could not move after and for weeks after because i had the Epidural


the midwife was so lovely and sweet 


this is what i remember of my labour it was fast and i think in all may have been just in there 2 half hours


No comments:

Post a Comment